13,000 acres of land retaken from grabbers: Naeemi

 
KABUL (PAN): The governor of southeastern Khost province on Saturday said 13,000 acres of land had been retaken from grabbers, who continued to stay in illegal possession of another 33,000 acres.
Addressing a daylong conference in Kabul, Governor Abdul Jabbar Naeemi highlighted the challenges and requirements of the province, where land grabbers are seen to be hampering development.
Organised by the Independent Directorate of Local Governance, the conference was attended by Afghan officials, including ministers, and representatives of several international organisations.
Naeemi said: “Since we initiated a campaign against land grabbers in 2011, about 13,000 acres of land has been wrested back from unlawful occupants so far.”
He added the government-owned land has been seized by irresponsible armed groups and influential individuals, asking the government to help him retake official properties.
The conference discussed a five-year strategic plan for the province, involving the establishment of dams, construction of the Khost Airport and the Ghulam Khan Dry Port.
Provincial employees’ capacity building, execution of welfare projects, paving the Khost-Gardez highway and extension of imported electricity are part of the strategic plan.  
mrh/mud

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.