No list received from IEC: Presidential Palace

 
KABUL (Pajhwok): The Presidential Palace on Wednesday said it had not yet received any list of government officials accused of electoral fraud during the April 5 elections from the Independent Election Commission (IEC).
A day earlier, IEC chief Ahmad Yusuf Nuristani said government officials accused of electoral fraud should be immediately sacked, otherwise their names would revealed to the media.
Nuristani had said the fraud-tainted officials included governors, district chiefs, police chiefs, mayors and other government officials.
But a statement issued by the Office of Administrative Affairs (OAA) at the Presidential Palace said the list it had received did not carry names of government officials.
IEC spokesman Noor Mohammad Noor on Wednesday told Pajhwok that they had dispatched the OAA several documents showing the involvement of government officials in electoral fraud.
Noor said a list of such government officials had been sent to the Presidential Palace, hoping action would be taken against fraud-tainted officials.
mds/ma

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.