Karzai orders probe into bid on Abdullah life

 
KABUL (Pajhwok): President Hamid Karzai has ordered a high-level probe into a suicide and bomb attack on presidential hopeful Dr. Abdullah Abdullah's campaign convoy in capital Kabul, his office said on Saturday.
The back-to-back blasts took place in the limits of the fifth police district west of Kabul on Friday, leaving six persons killed and 22 others injured.
Abudullah was leaving a campaign rally he addressed in Aryana Hotel near the Mirwais Field when a car suicide bomber attacked his convoy.
Addressing a separate campaign rally at the Pearl Continental Hotel, Abdullah said his three friends were among the dead. He called the attack a plot by Afghanistan’s enemies, who wanted to keep the Afghans mourning.
The Presidential Palace issued a statement offering condolences to the victims’ families and prayed for swift recovery of those wounded.
Karzai ordered the creation of a six-member committee representing five departments to be headed by the interior minister to conduct a thorough probe into the incident.
According to the statement, Lt. Gen. Syed Abdul Ghafar, general director crime branch, Maj. Gen. Syed Rahim Sayed, the minster’s council member, Maj. Gen. Abdul Manan Farahi, defence ministry’s detection department head, Brig. Gen. Gulistan from National Directorate of Security and Abdul Shakoor Stanikzai from Attorney General Office (AGO) would be part of the committee.
The president ordered to bring the perpetrators to justice after investigation into the dastardly act was completed. The committee had been tasked to complete its investigation within a week and share the findings with the presidential palace.
mm/rm
 

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.